Title: Admissions/Recruitment Specialist
Department/Division: Student Affairs
Date Prepared: April 2, 2014
Reports To: Director of Admissions/Registrar
Seminole State College currently seeks a highly organized Admissions/Recruitment Specialist to join the Student Affairs team. This position is involved in the development and implementation of programming designed to identify, recruit, admit and advise prospective students. The Admissions/Recruitment Specialist serves as a liaison, developing partnerships between the College, school systems, parents, alumni, and communities throughout the state. The candidate must have the ability to advise students individually and in groups regarding college admission, academic programs and support services. Previous experience in recruitment, admissions and advisement a plus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Seminole State College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practice of Seminole State College.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development, and lifelong learning.
- Performs job duties utilizing SSC’s core values: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence.
- In close coordination with the director and key campus entities, plans and implements strategies designed to enhance student recruitment.
- Researches best practices among student recruitment programs and strategies used at other institutions considered to be model programs.
- Assists in creating a comprehensive student recruitment plan and in developing measurable objectives.
- Assists in evaluating the recruitment program and in creating periodic reports as requested.
- Develops and maintains a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of academic programs and support services, including academic programs and courses, admissions requirements and available financial assistance.
- Represents SSC and presents information about admissions, programs and services at various events, such as classroom visits/presentations, college/career fairs and high school awards assemblies. May facilitate the planning, organization and implementation of special events.
- Contacts and meets high school counselors and teachers to develop rapport, provide assistance and promote SSC programs and services.
- Assists with enrollment at designated times by providing academic advisement services.
- Works with appropriate campus entities in the design and creation of recruitment brochures and related materials.
- Maintains a contact management/recruiting database and follow-up tracking system; keeps a record of all outreach events and activities.
- Performs scheduled mailings, electronic correspondence, phone calls and visits with prospective students.
- Fields telephone questions and emails from prospective students.
- Works with Student Activities and the Campus Activities Board (CAB) to coordinate campus visits by prospective students.
- Assists with training, as necessary, regarding admission policies and procedures.
- Works closely with various campus entities to facilitate a smooth transition for newly admitted students.
- Interpret policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Considerable travel required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in related area required. Master’s degree highly desirable. Demonstrated experience in promoting higher education to high school and community college students. Knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
- Skills: Excellent organizational skills; accurate and detail orientated with ability to prioritize information in a timely manner; solid communication skills (written, oral and active listening); strong interpersonal skills; able to work effectively in team situations. Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and software for creating flyers, brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Abilities: Ability to work under minimal supervision and practice strong organizational and time management techniques; must be able to respond effectively in a variety of situations; able to work well in team situations; ability to multi-task; ability to innovate and lead and manage change in a positive and inclusive manner; ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments. Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of the admissions process. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations, and other institutions.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of application will begin immediately. The filling of the position is contingent on funding. To apply, cover letter, resume with names and telephone numbers of three professional references, and all academic transcripts should be sent to:
Seminole State College
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 351
Seminole, OK 74818
SSC is an AA/EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SSC participates in E-verify.
Posted April 2, 2014