Title: SEASONAL BOOKSTORE CLERK (Buyback – May & December and Rush – August & January)
Department/Division: Fiscal Affairs
Date Prepared: November 14, 2013
Reports To: Director for Bookstore Operations
The Seasonal Bookstore Clerk has the primary responsibility for all aspects of greeting bookstore customers and assisting them in the textbook area. The Clerk will run the register as needed during lunches and breaks of other clerks. During buyback the clerk will process all books received with the used requirements (stamp, sticker, security), and then organize them by course.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Priority to greet customers entering into the bookstore
- Assist students with finding textbooks and/or supplies
- Maintain clothing area by folding and organizing periodically
- Make deliveries to departments as needed
- Process textbooks during buyback
- Balance cash register when required to close
- Keep store items stocked
- Maintain clean shelves
- Represent Seminole State College in a most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve
- Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practice of Seminole State College
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development, and lifelong learning.
- Perform jobs utilizing SSC’s C.O.R.E Four: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned
- Work on any other projects as directed by the Director of Bookstore Operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge: Successful candidate must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Knowledge and skills required in fulfilling the responsibilities of this position includes the ability to input information into the CSM bookstore software program, typing skills, knowledge of bookstore operations and policies of Seminole State College, the ability to work with the spreadsheet programs, operate the cash register machines, and use of the ten key calculator. Proficiency in the use of computers and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) are required.
- Skills: Possess strong organizational, time management, customer service, and excellent written communication skills. Appropriately greet and host campus administrators, faculty, students, and guests. Hard-working, enthusiastic, dependable, self-motivating and willing to work additional hours to complete tasks.
- Flexible hours during peak times of the academic year. Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
Applications are available in the Human Resources office in the Walkingstick Student Services Center and online. Completed applications should be returned to the Human Resources Office or mailed to the address below. Please provide a current high school and / or college transcript with your completed application. Availability of positions varies throughout the academic year and summer session
Seminole State College
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 351
Seminole, OK 74818
SSC is an EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SSC participates in E-verify.
Posted November 22, 2013