Title: HVAC Technician
Date Prepared: April 2, 2014
Reports To: Maintenance Coordinator
Seminole State College invites applications for a full-time 40 hour a week HVAC Technician responsible the installation and maintenance of building mechanical, HVAC, fan coil unites, plumbing, chillers, cooling towers, ice machines, water coolers and associated items within the campus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Seminole State College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practice of Seminole State College.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development, and lifelong learning.
- Performs job duties utilizing SSC’s core values: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence.
- Develops preventive maintenance programs and reports for campus facilities.
- Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and controls including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, belts, compressors, heat exchanges, metering devices, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves and automatic gas valves.
- Service heating, ventilating and refrigeration motors, pumps, fans and related equipment; regenerates water softener.
- Rebuild and replace water pumps; replace pressure and temperature safety valves. Inspect, repair and clean boilers and assure water is properly treated for pH control; test water samples and adjust chemical feeding equipment for proper water treatment.
- Maintain routine logs and records related to daily activities; assist in ordering supplies and materials as needed.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Performs other miscellaneous maintenance duties as requested.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge: High School Diploma or Equivalent required. License in HVAC preferred. Successful candidate should possess five years of progressively responsible job related experience. Knowledge of applicable codes and ordinances; the materials, tools, and equipment utilized in heating, ventilating and refrigeration; proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies; basic electrical theory; welding and soldering techniques; health and safety regulations; record keeping techniques; boiler operations.
- Skills:Proficiency in personal computer and office machine use, including the ability to create and work with electronic spreadsheets, word processing programs and office copier/printer/fax machines is required. Solid communication skills (written, oral and active listening), strong interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills are required. Employee must be accurate; details orientated and have the ability to prioritize information and tasks in a timely manner. Master level mechanic skills associated with operation and maintance of generating and distribution systems of heating and cooling with steam and chilled water including skills to operate associated tools and equipment.
- Abilities: Applicant must be able to lift and/or carry at least 50 pounds
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of application will begin immediately. To apply, please send letter of application, resume, copies of all academic transcripts, and three current letters of recommendation to Human Resources. The filling of the position is contingent on funding.
SSC is an AA/EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SSC participates in E-verify.
Posted April 2, 2014