Title: Maintenance Coordinator
Date Prepared: March 29, 2013
Reports To: Director for Business
Seminole State College invites applications for a full-time 40 hour a week Maintenance Coordinator responsible for the overall management and successful completion of all operations of the maintenance division. This position will also be responsible for the supervision of maintenance, groundskeeping, and housekeeping personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Seminole State College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practice of Seminole State College.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development, and lifelong learning.
- Performs job duties utilizing SSC’s core values: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence.
- Develops preventive maintenance programs and reports for campus facilities.
- Responsibilities to include the repairs and/or replacement of electrical devices such as light switches, outlets, fuses, fixtures, circuit breakers, ballasts, and electrical motors and generators.
- Performs plumbing work such as clearing clogged lines, installation of new plumbing fixtures, valves, and sewers, and repair of any water leaks.
- Maintains and repairs recreation equipment such as weights, pools, gymnasium scoreboards, clocks, etc.
- Maintains and repairs mechanical equipment and machinery.
- Repairs and/or replaces ceramic tiles, baseboards, ceiling tiles, or carpet in hallways, bathrooms, stairwells, labs, or general office/classroom areas. Makes light repairs to cracked concrete walkways, columns, walls, etc.
- Performs carpentry work such as repairing benches, tables, chairs, counters, etc.
- Installs or repairs bulletin boards, white boards, chalkboards, shelving, signage or other office/classroom equipment.
- Perform repair work to drywall, plaster, ceilings, windows, doors, and door hardware.
- May make repairs to monitor safety equipment such as the fire exit, signs and general repair of emergency doors. May perform periodic checks of fire & smoke alarms.
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, scheduling, and overseeing of maintenance, housekeeping and grounds operations as well as providing technical expertise and leadership.
- Candidate will ensure organizational compliance with applicable codes, rules and regulations. This coordinator will be responsible for ordering and maintaining the inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for completing and supervising the completion of a daily work log based on the needs of the institution.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Performs other miscellaneous maintenance duties as requested or needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge: High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Journeyman license in electrical or HVAC preferred. Oklahoma Mechanical Contractor’s license highly desirable. Successful candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to attain a Commercial Driver’s License within a designated timeframe. Successful candidate should possess five years of progressively responsible experience in maintenance operation and management in which two years have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Skills: Proficiency in personal computer and office machine use, including the ability to create and work with electronic spreadsheets, word processing programs and office copier/printer/fax machines is required. Solid communication skills (written, oral and active listening), strong interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills are required. Employee must be accurate; details orientated and have the ability to prioritize information and tasks in a timely manner. Must also be proficient in multi-tasking and possess demonstrated leadership and motivational skills.
- Abilities: Applicant must be able to lift and/or carry at least 50 pounds
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of application will begin immediately. To apply, please send letter of application, resume, copies of all academic transcripts, and three current letters of recommendation to Human Resources. The filling of the position is contingent on funding.
SSC is an AA/EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SSC participates in E-verify.
Posted April 1, 2014