Title: Chaperones /Activities Leaders
Department/Division: Talent Search
Date Prepared: April 22, 2014
Reports To:Talent Search Director
Classification: Part-time (Temporary)
Talent Search provides academic and enrichment activities to 1200 middle and high school students. The program offers summer activities for small to medium groups. These activities include college tours, and other social, cultural and recreational enrichment.
Chaperones /Activities Leaders assist Talent Search Staff with implementing and supervising all activities with participants on and off campus during field trips.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represents Seminole State College and the Talent Search Projects in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practice of Seminole State College.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development, and lifelong learning.
- Performs job duties utilizing SSC’s core values: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Provides one-on-one support and encouragement to help the student develop an increased sense of confidence.
- Participate in orientation / training sessions and attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Supervise activities and enforce program rules.
- Participate in activities when appropriate.
- Assist in activity preparation, set up, and clean up.
- Interact with students during field trips and activities.
- Monitor student behavior during activities and bus rides.
- Assist in serving snacks.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Some travel is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong leadership qualities and have the ability to function as a team player.
- Communicates constructively and effectively.
- Possess strong organizational, time management, and human relations skills.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
Hours vary but will begin around 7 a.m. each day and will usually end around 7 p.m. There may be some overnight activities. If the activity is off campus, it may not be completed until midnight. Applications are available in the Talent Search Office, Scott Building, Room 109. Completed applications should be returned to the Talent Search Office or mailed to the address below. Please provide a current college transcript with your completed application.
Seminole State College
ATTN: Talent Search
P.O. Box 351
Seminole, OK 74818
SSC is an AA/EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SSC participates in E-verify.
Posted April 25, 2014