See also Terms and Conditions
SSCOK Card MasterCard Debit Student ID Card
To enhance a more user-friendly environment for students, faculty, and staff by providing a high quality, single card system that allows efficient access to all card-related services throughout Seminole State College and to seek new and expanded uses of the card through improved, advanced technology.
The procedure has a college-wide applicability.
Terms are defined as needed within this document.
The SSCOK Card is the official Seminole State College picture ID card. In addition to identifying the relationship with Seminole State College, the card provides access to campus events and activities, residence halls/other buildings, meal plans, and the library. Meal plans may only be used via the ID card or cash must be used to purchase a meal.
1. Who qualifies for a card?
- Faculty & Staff
- Permanent employees of Seminole State College are entitled to a free SSCOK Card as a condition of their employment.
- Any individual that has been given an Emeriti status by Seminole State College is entitled to a free ID card as a courtesy of past employment.
- College Board
- Any member of the College Board is entitled to a free card.
2. Expiration of SSCOK Card
- ID Cards are valid while cardholder still has an active status with Seminole State College.
3. Procedure on ID Picture taking
- For ID card pictures Seminole State College requires individuals to remove any items not worn as part of their daily appearance (i.e. prescription eyeglasses). The only exceptions are items worn for cultural and religious reasons. All bandannas, hats, sunglasses and/or visors, etc. are to be removed before picture is taken.
4. Card Fee Structure:
- Student's First Card
- The cost of the SSCOK Card is $20 for all students and will be added to your enrollment. This includes the cost of the card and administrative cost associated with production.
- Students Replacement Cards
- A $10 charge will be placed on the student’s college account when a replacement ID card is issued. All payments must be submitted to the Business Office prior to receiving the replacement ID card.
- Faculty and Staff are entitled to a free replacement card.
- Free Replacement cards for cardholders
- Extreme hardship cases - very rare; apartment fire for example
- If the card is not returned by the ATM during a transaction
5. Responsibilities as a Cardholder
- a. Deactivating or Reinstating your SSCOK Card
- Students and other college cardholders do not have to surrender their cards upon discontinuing their employment/association with Seminole State College. We have an automatic privilege assignment/removal process to enable or disable the ID card. If the card has the banking option, disabling the card would not deactivate the banking feature of the card.
- b. Reporting a Lost/Stolen Card
- To report a lost or stolen card, please call 1-866-348-3435, 24 hours a day. The cards can be replaced at the ID Card office. If the ID card is also an ATM card, the individual will be asked token questions for verification purposes before the card is canceled.
6. Information Sources
E. Effective Date: Revised 6/2012