TUITION & FEE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
DATE OF ADOPTION: December 14, 2006
The Tuition and Fee Reimbursement Plan will promote the continued educational efforts of the entire Seminole State College community. Salary schedule increments may be applied to any SSC Employee upon completion of a degree.
Any full-time employee may apply for tuition and fee reimbursement or educational attainment pay for any graduate or undergraduate hours taken and successfully completed. Employees must select Plan 1, Tuition and Fee Reimbursement, or Plan 2, Education Attainment Pay, at the time of application for each semester. Employees receiving tuition reimbursement will still qualify for salary incremental increases once the degree is completed.
Plan #1 Tuition and Fee Reimbursement
Tuition and fee* reimbursement will be made during the semester following completion of the course.
- The employee will complete the application form for tuition and fee reimbursement prior to the beginning of the semester in which courses are to be taken.
- At the end of the semester, the employee will submit the approved application form with signatures from the appropriate supervisor, vice president and President, a final grade report showing a “C” or higher, and copy of the tuition costs to the immediate supervisor of the employee.
- The supervisor will send the approved application, grade report, and the tuition costs to the Human Resources Office.
- All approved requests will be honored when sufficient funds are available. If the requests are greater than the budgeted funds, the President may 1) prorate all requests, or 2) use a limited amount of funds allocated for the next semester to cover the requests, or 3) allocate additional funds to meet the needs of the program, or 4) prorate an individual request. If funds for one semester are not totally expended, they may be utilized the following semester.
*Tuition and fees include all tuition and basic fees, but exclude lab fees and the cost of books.
Plan #2 Educational Attainment Pay
Education Attainment Pay will be provided to employees on their upcoming contract as authorized by the President and according to the standardized scale printed in the Fiscal Affairs Procedure Manual. The per credit attainment pay is payment made toward the salary schedule increment upon degree completion. Educational Attainment Pay is based on the following pay scale:
- Master’s and Doctoral Level Courses: $52 per credit hour for courses taken toward toward a doctoral degree and $45 per credit hour for courses toward a master’s degree to a maximum of $2,500 for a doctoral degree and $1,500 for a master’s degree.
- Baccalaureate Degree Level Courses: $14 per credit hour for courses taken toward a bachelor’s degree to a maximum of $500.
- Associate’s Degree Level Courses: $9 per credit hour for courses taken toward an associate’s degree to a maximum of $250.
- All courses must be completed with at least a grade of “C” and no class can be repeated for education attainment pay consideration except by special advance permission. Upon the completion of a qualifying course or the completion of a degree, proper documentation will be given to the Human Resources Office and the President for determination of contractual considerations.
Salary Schedule Increments Upon Degree Completion
Upon completion of an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree, the employee may be awarded a one-time salary schedule increment to be added to the base salary. Unless restricted by budget limitations, an employee may receive a one-time increment of $500 for completing an associate’s degree, $1,000 increment for completing a bachelor’s degree, $2,000 increment for completing a master’s degree and a $5,000 increment for completing a doctoral degree. In order to be eligible for the salary schedule increment, the employee must present an official transcript with degree notation from the higher education institution awarding the degree to the Human Resources Office.
The Professional Development Plan, will be provided an initial funding of at least $5,000 (providing funds are available) to fund the requests for tuition and fee reimbursement for each semester, including fall, spring, and summer.