COLLEGE ASSISTANCE TO BUSINESSES AND
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
DATE OF ADOPTION: September 17, 1998
Recognizing the emphasis on economic development in the State of Oklahoma, the need for the State’s colleges and universities to be sensitive and supportive of the need for special assistance to businesses and economic development activities, and the need to demonstrate support for business and industrial development activities, Seminole State College will provide the following services to assist in business development and efficient operation of existing businesses.
- Provision of special coursework for specific business development or educational needs when staffing, timelines, course content, cost, and other related factors are able to be agreed upon by the business entity and College personnel.
- Provision of special coursework for specific business development or educational consulting services by members of the SSC staff, or other entities working in conjunction with SSC.
- Provision of printed or audio-visual materials on hand in the SSC Library which may be of assistance in economic development or business operation in accordance with current check-out procedures.
- The development of student projects to assist business or industry development or operations. Any such “special projects” course shall conform to all academic requirements for such courses as are required at SSC.
- Provide referral information to appropriate individuals and/or organizations which can provide requested data or assistance.
- Conduct research which can assist in economic development efforts on a personnel available basis.
- Provide for limited use of selected SSC computer equipment with such usage subject to the following stipulations:
- The use is not for any on-going, regular function of a business for which the purchase or lease of equipment by the business or organization is possible or reasonable.
- The use of computer equipment must be at a time when it does not interfere with any College course, program, or administrative work currently in progress.
- All expendable materials used will be paid for by the user
- The user must furnish the personnel who, in the judgment of College officials, are capable of adequately operating the equipment.
- Any damages to the equipment by the user will be the total responsibility of the organization or business for whom the work is being done.
- A letter of agreement between the user and the College must be completed.