Where are you located?
The SSC Food Pantry is located on the north east side of the David L. Boren Library on the SSC campus, room 101.
Who is able to use the SSC Food Pantry?
All current SSC students are eligible to use the pantry with a valid student ID.
How do I register?
Registration is completed at the food pantry. An annual registration is required.
What are your hours of operation?
The SSC Food Pantry's 2019 fall hours are Tuesdays 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and Fridays 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. *Subject to change"
Is there an income verification process?
No, we do not currently have an income requirement.
What do I need to bring?
You will need to bring a valid SSC ID.
What is food insecurity?
Food insecurity refers to the lack of access to enough food or limited and uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate food.
What food items does the SSC Food Pantry need the most?
This is a list of the most needed food items but not the only items we can accept.
- Canned chicken, tuna and ham or hearty, ready-to-go meals like beef stew and chili with meat.
- Canned vegetables: Potatoes, collard greens, beans, carrots, spinach or peas (especially varieties with no salt added)
- Canned fruit and individual fruit cups
- Canned tomatoes & pasta sauce
- Shelf stable milk and alternatives (rice, soy, etc.)
- Snack items like juice boxes, applesauce containers, granola bars
- Single serve macaroni & cheese
- Cereal and Low-sugar cereal like plain Cheerios
- Peanut or other nut butter, especially crunchy
- Instant oatmeal, instant grits
- Pasta and rice, especially whole grain pasta, brown rice and quinoa
- Biscuit or baking mixes (that only require water)
- Cooking Oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
What the SSC Pantry cannot use:
- Perishable foods
- Expired food
- Food without a label
- Homemade food
- Food or packaging that’s falling apart or damaged
How do I volunteer to work at the SSC Food Pantry?
We are always looking for student, faculty, and staff volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please email
Who manages the SSC Food Pantry?
The SSC Food Pantry is staffed by a group of amazing SSC employees and students.
How can I donate?
Monetary donations can be made by visiting the following SSC Educational Foundation link.
http://www.sscok.edu/Foundation/donate-your-donation-counts/ Make a notation that the donation is for the SSC Food Pantry.
Food donations can be brought to campus and delivered to the food pantry or any of the drop-off bins as noted on the provided
How is the SSC Food Pantry funded?
The SSC Food Pantry partners with the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma. It is sustained 100 % through monetary and food
donations from those who support our cause. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to contribute.
Contact the Food Pantry at 405-382-9740 or email email@example.com