FALL SEMESTER HOURS:
TUESDAYS 10am-1:00pm & FRIDAYS 10am-1pm
To remove food insecurities and offer educational resources to students of the Seminole State College in need.
The mission of the Seminole State College Food Pantry is to promote and support the health and wellbeing of the SSC campus community by providing FREE supplemental food assistance to SSC students.
This is a list of the most needed food items but not the only items we can accept.
- Canned chicken, tuna and ham or hearty, ready-to-go meals like beef stew and chili with meat.
- Canned vegetables: Potatoes, collard greens, beans, carrots, spinach or peas (especially varieties with no salt added)
- Canned fruit and individual fruit cups
- Canned tomatoes & pasta sauce
- Shelf stable milk and alternatives (rice, soy, etc.)
- Snack items like juice boxes, applesauce containers, granola bars
- Single serve macaroni & cheese
- Cereal and Low-sugar cereal like plain Cheerios
- Peanut or other nut butter, especially crunchy
- Instant oatmeal, instant grits
- Pasta and rice, especially whole grain pasta, brown rice and quinoa
- Biscuit or baking mixes (that only require water)
- Cooking Oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
What the SSC Pantry cannot use:
- Perishable foods
- Expired food
- Food without a label
- Homemade food
- Food or packaging that’s falling apart or damaged