Title: Peer Mentors
Department/Division: NASNTI Program
Date Prepared: July 11, 2017
Reports To: NASNTI Coaching Specialist
The NASNTI Peer Mentor is a student staff member whose role is to commit to supporting, guiding, and taking the lead in a relationship with students who are struggling with balancing school, work, and/or family. Mentors serve as role models and help students manage any obstacles including but not limited to time management skills, study skills, and attendance accountability. Peer Mentors will work closely with the Coaching Specialist to help at-risk students achieve academic success by assisting them in establishing and accomplishing educational goals. Our goal is to increase retention and graduation rates among our student body with emphasis on the Native American population. Peer mentors will be influencing lives for a better future in order to build a stronger community.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represents Seminole State College and the NASNTI Program in the most positive manner with current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services, learns and uses the operating practice of Seminole State College.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development, and lifelong learning.
- Performs job duties utilizing SSC’s core values: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence.
- Handles and maintains confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Educates mentees in areas that will help them be successful.
- Helps students become familiar with SSC and NASNTI resources; refers students to appropriate staff, as the need arises.
- Develops positive and supportive relationships with mentees, mentoring them on academic, personal, social, and college/career concerns.
- Assists in establishing and creating an atmosphere that appreciates the diverse cultures, traditions, lifestyles, and beliefs of all students.
- Leads group study sessions, including teaching time management skills and study skills.
- Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with students.
- Refers crises and personal issues to the Coaching Specialist.
- Coordinates with Coaching Specialist the topics covered during mentee meetings.
- Communicates constructively and effectively on a regular basis with mentees and the Coaching Specialist.
- Commits to mentee sessions one hour per week.
- Attends all scheduled trainings and sessions.
- Provides academic and non-academic support for persistence.
- Models and assists mentees in practicing strategies identified in plans of actions.
- Reports to Coaching Specialist
- Develops meeting/progress report for mentoring sessions; confers with Coaching Specialist to customize assistance
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Successful completion of at least 24 credit hours
- Pursuing a college degree
- Desire to help other students succeed
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to help mentees prepare for graduation; commitment to be a positive role model.
- Strong leadership qualities and have the ability to function as a team player.
- Possess excellent organizational, time management, written, and oral communication skills.
- Successful completion of SSC background check
- Similar background to the student population preferred.
Applications are available in the NASNTI Office, Boren Library Room 123. Completed applications should be returned to the NASNTI Office (with current college transcript if applicable) or mailed to the address below.
Seminole State College
ATTN: NASNTI Coaching Specialist
P.O. Box 351
Seminole, OK 74818
SSC is an AA/EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SSC participates in E-verify.
Posted July 11, 2017