For the student, GEAR UP “Dreamcatcher” is about preparing for postsecondary education and career success. The Seminole State College GEAR UP Project includes providing services in support of students that includes services to schools, teachers, parents, families and other highly involved stakeholders with the eventual goal of student success.
Dreamcatcher services include:
- Academic Counseling
- Career Counseling (via student / parent coordinator)
- ACT Aspire Assessments
- Classroom Enrichment (via student / parent coordinator)
- Concurrent / Dual Enrollment – 2021-2022
- Exposure to College Campuses
- Financial Aid Information
- Digital Mentoring (Student Success Agency)
- On-site Student-Parent Coordinators
- Summer Camps
- Digital Tutoring for students in grades 9-10
- FREE Tutoring resources for students grade 7-12
Prepare for College / Career (U.S. Department of Education)
Prepare for College (The College Board)
College Entrance Requirements – Fall 2020
The college entrance requirements for public colleges and universities in Oklahoma for the fall of 2020 – Click Here
This site is where you register for the test and check for testing dates and locations. However, the site has much more to offer.
In addition to information about financial aid and college planning, the site includes tools to track your progress on preparation for college and useful tools to explore career options. Online test preparation is available through ACT for a fee, but this site supplies the student with free practice tests and even allows the user to practice with a Question of the Day if they choose.
Your ACT score is important not only to college admission, but also can be a key factor in determining your eligibility for academic scholarship assistance at most institutions. Consequently, spending some time to maximize your score is a great investment in your future!