International students desiring to enroll at Seminole State College will follow the admission process outlined below.
Demonstrate competency in English in accordance with Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education policy. Students may contact the Admissions Office for full English competency eligibility information or demonstrate competency through Option 1 or Option 2 below:
- High School Performance. Students must have successfully completed the high school core requirements in, or graduate from, high school where English is the primary language in a country where English is a primary language. For admission under this option students should submit official transcript(s) from an English-speaking high school showing graduation or submit applicable documents showing successful completion of the high school core requirements. Students admitted under this option must also remediate and remove any high school curricular deficiencies, or
- Standardized Testing. Students must meet the minimum score set by the State Regents on either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Examination.
Results of the TOEFL taken at international testing centers and special testing centers will be accepted at all State System colleges and universities. Results of the TOEFL administered at institutional testing centers shall not be accepted by colleges and universities other than the administering institution.
Undergraduate students must meet the following minimum scores on the TOEFL or score 5.0 or higher on the IELTS examination.
TOEFL Internet Based Test = 61 minimum score or
TOEFL Computer Based Test = 173 minimum score or
TOEFL Paper-Based Test = 500 minimum score
Intensive English Program (IEP). Students must meet a minimum score set by the State Regents on the TOEFL administered at a special testing center or an international testing center or on the IELTS Examination. In addition after achieving the required score and immediately prior to admission, successfully complete a minimum of 12 weeks of study at an IEP approved by the State Regents. At least two-thirds of the 12 weeks must be instruction at an advanced level.
Current IEP Minimum TOEFL Scores :
TOEFL Internet Based Test = 48 minimum score or
TOEFL Computer Based Test = 140 minimum score or
TOEFL Paper-Based Test = 460 minimum score
IELTS Test = 4.5 minimum score Provide the following documents:
- Students transferring from another institution of higher education must provide all official transcripts from each institution attended.
- Up-to-date Passport, Visa, and if transferring from another institution, the I-20 student copy from the last school the student was authorized to attend.
- Official letter of financial support.
- A student must maintain immigration status and be in good standing with Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Submit an Application for F-1 International Students see link below. A $15 application fee will be added to billing once you are registered. The form uses ™adobe acrobat reader to display and print, if you do not have ™acrobat reader you can download a free copy by clicking on the name.
- Upon receipt of the application and fee, the Registrar will issue an I-20 form to those students transferring from a language center or college in the United States. For those desiring to be admitted to Seminole State College directly from their home country, the application for admission, the $15 fee, the letter of financial support, and, official test scores showing English language proficiency must be provided before an I-20 will be issued. International students applying for admission who will attend a language center in the United States prior to attending Seminole State College will be provided a conditional letter of acceptance upon receipt of the application for admission, the letter of financial support, and the $15 fee. Admission will be based upon meeting all of the requirements of Section I above. The I-20 to be used in gaining admission to the United States must come from the language center which the student will attend before attending Seminole State College.
- International students may be required to submit evidence of a tuberculin test and a polio inoculation or acquire them during the first week of classes. If the tuberculin test shows positive, the student must have a chest x-ray within five days or will be subject to being suspended from classes.
- International students will be enrolled in courses based on their placement test scores.
- International students are expected to be familiar with United States Immigration policies and laws concerning their stay in the United States. Assistance in understanding these policies and laws can be obtained in the Registrar's Office.
- Transcripts and Previous College Credit
Students who have previously attended high school and college outside the United States will need to contact SpanTran Evaluation Services to have their transcripts translated and evaluated for academic transfer. Students must designate SSC (Seminole State College) as the recipient of the finished evaluated transcripts so that the school registrar is notified of SpanTran account creation and status. Evaluated transcripts sent directly to students will NOT be accepted. The cost of the service is the responsibility of the student. Go to SpanTran.com for additional information.
Submitted High School transcripts MUST include a date of graduation. If your graduation date does not appear on your transcript you will need to get a letter from your high school on offical letter head and signed by a school official that states your date of graduation in the Month /Date/Year (MM/DD/YYYY) format.
Note: An I-20 document will NOT be sent by SSC until transcripts have submitted and a verifiable account created with SpanTran.
Application for F-1 International Students