Please consider joining SSS / STEM SSS as we view the art of the OKC Museum of Modern Art, including the much anticipated Walter Iooss, Jr. exhibit.
Widely considered the world’s most influential sports photographer and dubbed as “the Rembrandt of sports photography” due to his use of light and shadow, color, and composition, Walter Iooss Jr.’s images transcend the fame of his subjects and have come to represent modern sports culture. Iooss’s images have appeared on over 300 covers of Sports Illustrated—more than any other photographer in the world. In a career spanning more than 60 years, he has worked with almost every athlete at the top of their game, including Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, Pele, Cristiano Ronaldo, Michael Phelps, Tiger Woods, Serena Williams, and Kobe Bryant. In 2018, Iooss was inducted into the International Photography Hall of Fame. https://www.walteriooss.com/
- Wednesday, March 9
- Leave Scott Building 1:30pm and return approximately 8:00pm
- Dinner at Hideaway Pizza
- Tickets to the museum and dinner is FREE to you!
- If you will miss class or a lab to attend this event, please speak to your professor before registering
- Space is limited to the first 25 participants
- You are welcome to ride the SSC van or drive your own vehicle
- Vaccination is NOT required at the OKC MOMA, masks are STRONGLY encouraged
- Masks are STRONGLY encouraged on the van
- Register HERE