Enrollment and Advising
Seminole State College Advisors work to make the enrollment process an easy and stress process. At SSC our team of advisors keep students on a path to successful degree completion. All new, transfer, concurrent, and returning students must meet with an advisor in the Walkingstick Student Services Enrollment Center to explore academic options, review degree plans, assess testing needs, review plausible course work, schedule classes, and have any questions answered for you and your family about college.
Office Hours Monday through Thursday 8 am to 5 pm, Friday 8 am to 4 pm Memorial Weekend through the last weekend in July offices are closed on Fridays.
Admission and enrollment begin in the Admissions office in the Student Services Center. Students wishing to enroll should check in with the Admissions office prior to seeing an advisor.
- Complete Admission Requirements by providing the following information. Information can be provided in the office at the time of enrollment.
- Complete an application for admission online at www.sscok.edu. Either click "Apply Now" or click My SSCOK at the top of the page and go to admissions. A $15 application fee will be charged upon initial enrollment.
- High school transcript, showing date of graduation, or proof high school class has graduated. Students that have a pending graduation date can enroll with an unofficial transcript. A final transcript is required prior to the first enrollment term starting.
- If transferring from another institution of higher education, an official transcript from that institution and all other colleges previously attended.
- All regularly enrolled students are encouraged to take the ACT test. ACT scores cannot be more than five years old. If a regularly enrolled student has not taken the ACT test, then placement tests will be required. Students who took the ACT more than one year ago may require math placement testing. o Complete the Immunization Compliance Form and provide immunization documentation.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor in the Enrollment Center to review academic standards, testing, and placement needs. The Academic Advisor will determine if one or more student placement exams must be taken (all first-time freshmen students are subject to placement testing to ensure proper course selection).
- After placement testing (if needed), meet with an Academic Advisor in the Enrollment area to determine course placement and enroll in classes. Students receiving benefits from the Veterans Administration should report to the Coordinator of Veterans Affairs for an enrollment check
- A printout will be provided showing the class schedule.
- Advisors will review SSC student tools and resources. Information will be reviewed regarding books, email, Brightspace, and mysscok.
- Proceed to the Testing Center to complete Direct Deposit Designation and have a Student ID made.
- Proceed to the Cashier's Office to pay fees and receive a campus parking permit.
Advisement at SSC offers a personal experience through one-on-one meetings. No appointment is needed for degree audits, enrollment, testing, or degree exploration. During normal scheduled office hours advisors are available to meet with students. Virtual appointments are available when necessary by appointment only. You may request a virtual appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Our Team
Britney Honsinger, Director of Advisement and Recruitment
Director of Advisement and Recruitment
Carmen Hutchins, ADA Specialist, Nursing Advisor, New Student Advisor
ADA Specialist, Nursing Advisor, New Student Advisor
Mack Chambers, New Student Advisor, Head Baseball
New Student Advisor, Head Baseball Coach
Marissa Shaffer, Recruitment Specialist
Contact Enrollment/Advising:Phone: 405-382-9797
Walkingstick Student Services Enrollment Center
(Closed on Fridays in summer)