Scholars for Excellence in Child Care
Seminole State College collaborates with the Oklahoma State Regents and Oklahoma Human Services to provide scholarships for the professional development of childcare teachers, directors, and family childcare home providers. The Scholar Coordinator at SSC provides guidance in educational options to fulfill professional goals in completing a Certificate of Mastery and/or Associate in Arts in child development.
More About Scholars for Excellence in Child Care
To qualify for the Scholars program, child care providers must be:
- Employed in a licensed child care facility participating in the QRIS program with a rating of one-star or higher.
- Employed at least 30 hours per week working directly with children.
- Pursuing a child development or early care education plan of study
- The scholarship pays up to 100% of tuition and books for the Certificate of Mastery and 90% of tuition and books for the Director's Certificate of Completion (DCoC) and associate degree after all other aid is applied.
- Scholars have an opportunity for higher pay, recognition, a sense of educational accomplishment, and improved job performance.
- Scholars will have increased knowledge and skills in child development.
- Scholar Coordinators provide technical assistance with applications and admission, enrollment, financial aid, and academic and career advisement.
Contact Scholars for Excellence in Child Care: